What is MinneHack?
MinneHack is a regional hackathon – a software development competition. Most hackathons take place over a 24 hour period and include any number of teams that are comprised of up to four students. Previous iterations of MinneHack (including our first annual hackathon, originally branded UHack) have attracted 200+ students from 14 colleges and 5 different states – making it the largest hackathon in the Twin Cities! These students consist of motivated software engineers – many of whom are eligible for recruiting.
MinneHack is a unique opportunity to connect with the most talented and passionate technical students from around the region.
- Recruit top MinneHack competitors
- Evangelize your products or API
- Interact with students face-to-face through judge and mentorship positions
- Support the development of the Midwest's tech community
We also offer additional benefits based on sponsorship commitment.
Note: Each tier also gets all the perks of the tier(s) below it
Gold Sponsorship — $5,000 Minimum Commitment
- Large logo featured on all MinneHack digital and print materials
- Organization summary featured in MinneHack attendee lanyard
- Exclusive product giveaway and announcement
- Option to book a booth (Starting September 1st, 2016)
- Official meal sponsor (First three gold level sponsors)
Silver Sponsorship — $2,500 Minimum Commitment
- Medium-size logo featured on all MinneHack digital and print materials
- API or product feature
- Judge positions
- Option to book a booth (Starting November 1st, 2016)
- Official snack sponsor (first six silver level sponsors)
Bronze Sponsorship — $1,000 Minimum Commitment
- Small logo featured on all MinneHack digital and print materials
- Organization blurb featured in MinneHack attendee lanyard
- Mentor positions
- Distribute branded goodies in event 'swag-bag'
- Résumé drop from attendees
MinneHack is a community event. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you are interested in contributions that do not fit the packages above.
When is MinneHack? What deadlines are there?
MinneHack 2017 starts on Saturday, January 28th at 6:00PM and ends the following day (Sunday, January 29th) at 6:00PM. In order to be fair to all sponsors we ask that any checks or payments are transmitted/postmarked by Friday, December 2nd. The schedule can be found on our website, and is subject to minor changes.
Who hosts MinneHack?
The University of Minnesota Twin Cities student chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM UMN). We are a student group on campus dedicated to building a more robust tech community – both strictly on campus and throughout the Twin Cities corporate world. ACM UMN also hosts the ACM International Collegiate Programming Competition (ICPC), an annual Software Design Competition (SDC), a semesterly LAN party hosted alongside UMN’s IEEE student chapter, and also hosts regular talks held by professors and company sponsors alike.